Uh-oh! Warning! Asperger defect!
This Asperger’s insistence on using the same old PC, year in, year out, because it works just fine, is “proof” of the ridged habits and fear of change for which people like me are slammed by psychologists and the Autism Industry. Refusing to “try out” every new gizmo, in pink, purple, and red; overpriced designer toys intended to be “socially obsolete” in a few weeks is a “developmental defect” of profound “social” importance. High-tech innovation is disguised as neotenic novelties, just like designer handbags and faddish foods, and is meant to be discarded – and inevitably to pollute the cities of the world. Products are dumped out-of-sight “overseas” to be “recycled” by children; primitive “disposal” that poisons air, land and water and the brains and bodies of scavenging humans. To refuse to participate in these superior social behaviors is an “official” NO-NO!
How defective can a subhuman Asperger “weirdo” get?
Yes. Asperger’s are “weird”. We are likely to use products that satisfy a need, but have no “status” attached, and prefer function over fashion. My lifelong policy of purchasing good, used objects at thrift stores and yard sales is sure proof of subhuman behavior. How dare an individual threaten the careless and wasteful socio-economic order!
From Electronics Take Back Coalition https://electronicstakebackcoalition.com
E-Waste Problem Overview
The Problem with Electronics and E-Waste
Products Are Quickly Obsolete and Discarded
In the US, we scrap about 400 million units per year of consumer electronics, according to recycling industry experts. Rapid advances in technology mean that electronic products are becoming obsolete more quickly. (Wow! How irrational, irresponsible and environmentally destructive can “smart” industry get?) This, coupled with explosive sales in consumer electronics, means that more products are being disposed, even if they still work. (It’s the “throw out your shoes and buy a new pair because the shoe laces are out of style” effect.) More on how products become quickly obsolete
Electronics are Difficult To Recycle
Recycling electronics isn’t like recycling cardboard. These products are not easy to recycle. Proper and safe recycling often costs more money than the materials are worth. Why?
Electronics are not designed for recycling
Materials used and physical designs make recycling challenging. While companies claim to offer “green electronics,” we are a far way from truly green products. More on not designed for recycling.
Electronics contain many toxic materials
Monitors and televisions made with tubes (not flat panels) have between 4 and 8 pounds of lead in them. Most of the flat panel monitors and TV’s being recycled now contain less lead, but more mercury, from their mercury lamps. About 40% of the heavy metals, including lead, mercury and cadmium, in landfills come from electronic equipment discards. More on toxics in electronics.
Discarded Electronics Are Managed Badly
Most e-waste still goes in the landfill. The EPA estimates that in 2011, the US generated nearly 3.4 million TONS of e-waste. But only about 25% of that was collected for recycling. The other 75% went to landfills and incinerators, despite the fact that hazardous chemicals in them can leach out of landfills into groundwater and streams, or that burning the plastics in electronics can emit dioxin. More on e-waste in the landfill.
Most Recyclers Don’t Recycle, They Export
And what about the 25% that is supposedly recycled? Most recycling firms take the low road, exporting instead of recycling. A large amount of e-waste that is collected for recycling is shipped overseas for dismantling under horrific conditions, poisoning the people, land, air, and water in China, other Asian nations and to Ghana and Nigeria in western Africa. More info on global e-waste dumping.
Prison Recycling: High Tech Chain Gang
Electronic recycling operations are increasingly active within America’s prison systems. Inmate laborers are not automatically afforded the same degree of worker health and safety protections as are people employed on the outside, nor are they paid comparable wages. Moreover, reliance on high tech chain gangs may frustrate development of the free market infrastructure necessary to safely manage our mountains of e-waste. More on prison recycling
For list of corporations that exploit prison inmate labor and how they do it: How Prison Labor is the New American Slavery and Most of Us Unknowingly Support it
Any question as to why DRUGS remain illegal? Non-violent “drug possession laws” keep the prison population at all-time highs, and provide “cheap labor” to Corporate America.