FROM: Psycom.net, this page is billed as “an advocacy group” that is the Legacy of Dr. Ivan Goldberg (Hmmm…who was this guy, who “pioneered” use of the internet for mental health agendas back in 1986?)
Bipolar Disorder Test, by Arnold Lieber, MD (Many Dr. Liebers pop up in Google search results.) ©1997 – 2016 Vertical Health LLC (A vast collection of commercial “health” websites)
The legal “weasel” message: This information is not designed to replace a physician’s independent judgment about the appropriateness or risks of a procedure for a given patient. Always consult your doctor about your medical conditions. Vertical Health & PsyCom do not provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Use of this website is conditional upon your acceptance of our User Agreement.
THE “Bipolar” TEST –
“Complete the following to get an instant assessment on the likelihood that you or a loved one is displaying signs (notice avoidance of the word “symptoms”) of bipolar disorder. All results are completely private and confidential.”
Possible responses on actual test form, with check boxes: 1. Not at all 2. Just a little 3. Somewhat 4. Moderately 5. Quite a lot 6. Very much
No surprise! This “form” is standard (and not remotely science-based) in psychology and psychiatry. The same super-generalized, non-quantitative, self-diagnosing and “rigged” statements, framed by a guided and deceptive “bipolar set-up” of statements; either-or extremes which could be checked moderate to “very much” by any human… especially teenagers and young adults. The “up and down” moods and level of activity choices are very repetitive, and focus on one’s response automatically indicating “mania or depression” (how obvious can this fraud get?) These statements are actually descriptions of normal “puberty changes” that all children and parents endure.
Notice the use of “at times, sometimes, etc., which IMPLY quantity, but are not defined: one time in my life; twenty times in the last six months; every day? This is TOTALLY illegitimate.
Use of capitalization is in the original test.
Any human alive on planet earth could truthfully respond to these test statements and wind up as a bipolar suspect, but so could any HAMPSTER.
1. At times I am MUCH more talkative or speak MUCH faster than usual:
2. There have been times when I was MUCH more active or did MANY more things than usual.
3. I get into moods where I feel VERY speeded up or irritable.
4. There have been times when I have felt both high (elated) and low (depressed) AT THE SAME TIME.
5. At times I have been MUCH more interested in sex than usual.
6. My self-confidence ranges from GREAT self-doubt to EQUALLY GREAT overconfidence.
7. There have been GREAT variations in the quantity or quality of my work.
8. FOR NO OBVIOUS REASON I sometimes have been VERY angry or hostile.
9. Sometimes I am mentally dull and at other times I think VERY creatively.
10. At times I am GREATLY interested in being with people and at other times I just want to be left alone with my thoughts.
11. At some times I have GREAT optimism and at other times EQUALLY GREAT pessimism.
12. Some of the time I show MUCH tearfulness and crying and at other times I laugh and joke EXCESSIVELY.
Be sure to click Next to see your results
These bogus “reference” sites, supposedly written by, or overseen by, psychiatrists and psychologists, are often “fronts’ for massive profit-making commercial enterprises – for medical groups, publishers of self-help crap, “find a therapist” searches, related advertisers, guides and non-regulated expensive, but unproven services and treatments, or hidden “charity scams”. Every “legally permissible” deceptive tactic is used: legal? Yes; the government makes “exceptions” for white collar criminals via corporate, and interest group domination, of lawmaking by congress and myriad agencies that develop policy. Many “laws” are now written by business groups and corporations that simply “submit” the law to be passed. Special privilege to “lie” is accorded to both private and public-sponsored activity of the hugely profitable Mental Health / Big Pharma industries that PLAGUE the United States economy, and which leave individual Americans with LITTLE TO NO HELP: The “prison-jail” industry is the default mental health system.
The Big Question:
Why do the legitimate members and professionals in psychiatry and psychology “look the other way” at these ethical and criminal violations of their “high status” fields, which are plummeting into an abyss of scammers, pop-culture financial exploitation and “despised groups” that manipulate profit from human misery? “Legal drug dealers” has become an apt reference for cynical exploiters of a “manufactured” mental health crisis.